Road delays hit drivers in Suffolk and Essex after fire and accident
- Credit: Archant
Three people were injured in an accident on the A133 between Colchester and Elmstead Market on Saturday morning.
Two vehicles were involved in the crash and two women had to be cut out by firefighters from Colchester. A third person was not trapped, but was cared for by ambulance staff who also looked after the women who were freed by firefighters.
The road was closed for a time while the accident was cleared up by police working with highway contractors.
Meanwhile the A14 eastbound at Sproughton, near Ipswich, was closed for a time just after 11am after a van caught fire.
Three appliances from the two fire stations in Ipswich were called to the incident which forced the closure of the road for a time.
One lane was reopened after about 30 minutes, but traffic continued to be slowed down for a time until the final recovery work was completed over the lunchtime period.
- 1 Major west Suffolk reopens after lorry and car crash
- 2 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 3 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 4 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 5 'It was unanimous... this season's not dead' - Ashton on why Town sacked Cook
- 6 Member of staff assaulted in armed robbery at west Suffolk Post Office
- 7 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 8 North Stander: We've become a sacking club - and that makes me uneasy
- 9 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 10 The best fossil hunting spots across East Anglia