Road temporarily closed at Parkway in Bury St Edmunds after reports of man threatening to jump
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Police temporarily closed Parkway in Bury St Edmunds this afternoon following reports a man was threatening to jump off the multi-storey car park.
Emergency services were called at 1.36pm by a member of the public.
Police closed the road at 1.43pm, and re-opened it at 1.55pm.
The man is being given care by the ambulance service.
A working group of councillors, emergency services and charities are looking at ways to improve the car park in the wake of a number of similar incidents at the site.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone affected by this issue can call the Samaritans on 08457 90 90 90.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 3 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 4 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 5 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 6 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 7 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 8 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 9 Woman's body found in village home
- 10 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'