Major roadworks to spark five weeks of traffic disruption
Works to improve Stowmarket town centre are about to begin, with five weeks of disruption expected in the Suffolk town.
Road repairs will begin on January 7, and are set to be carried out along Ipswich Street, between Tavern Street and Milton Road South.
Ipswich Street will be closed overnight for the first two weeks between 7.30pm and 5am.
Work will continue during daytime hours for the remaining three weeks.
Suffolk Highways chiefs say access to properties and businesses will be available at all times.
You may also want to watch:
However, if there are any issues, staff will be on hand to provide access if needed. Bosses are also warning that the time and date of the works may change. Signs at the site will be used to inform the public if changes do happen.
When Ipswich Street is closed, traffic will be diverted via Milton Street South, A1308 Gipping Way, Station Road West or vice versa, depending on the direction of travel.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 3 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 6 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 7 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 8 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 9 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 10 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe