Robber punches shopkeeper before stealing cigarettes at Haverhill store
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses following a robbery at a convenience shop in Haverhill.
The incident occurred at around 7.15pm yesterday evening, Tuesday, May 8, at B & B Stores in Chapple Drive.
Police say the male suspect approached the counter and demanded free cigarettes, which were refused by the shopkeeper.
The offender then jumped over the counter and attempted to grab the cigarettes, but became violent when the shopkeeper tried to block him from gaining access to the kiosk.
The offender punched the victim to the eye and a struggle ensued as he tried to take more cigarettes, before he left the store with one packet of tobacco.
You may also want to watch:
The victim was left with swelling and reddening to his eye as a result of the incident.
The suspect is described as white, aged around 16 years old, and with short hair. He was wearing blue shorts and did not have a top on.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 3 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 4 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 5 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 6 'We were shamed'... Pompey boss Cowley offers no excuses
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 8 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 9 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 10 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
Any witnesses, or anyone with information about this incident, is asked to contact West CID at Bury St Edmunds Police Station on 101 quoting reference 25011/18. Alternatively contact the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.