Robber targets Honeycroft Post Office in Lawford, Essex
A robber stole thousands of pounds after raiding a village post office in north Essex.
Essex Police have launched an investigation into the robbery at Honeycroft Post Office in Waldegrave Way, Lawford.
A man entered the post office and demanded money from staff. He ran behind the counter, pushed a member of staff and grabbed a four figure sum of cash from the till before running out.
He was last seen running towards Long Road.
The incident took place at 12.30pm on Thursday (October 12).
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officer Pc Keith Hewitt said: “The victim was unhurt but left very shaken.
“Someone will know who the suspect is and I am appealing for witnesses or anyone with information to get in touch.”
- 1 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 2 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 3 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 4 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 5 Matchday Live: Live updates as Town take on Cambridge
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 8 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 9 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 10 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
The suspect was described as white, aged in his mid-20s, about 5ft 5ins tall and of slim build. He was clean shaven and wore a light grey woollen hooded top with the hood up and drawn tightly around his face.
Contact Pc Hewitt at Clacton CID on 101.
Alternatively, contact independent crime-fighting charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or www.crimestoppers-uk.org.