Robbers strike at post office
ROBBERS struck at a Colchester post office and stole several thousand pounds.Three men went into Parsons Heath Post Office and general stores in Harwich Road at 5.
ROBBERS struck at a Colchester post office and stole several thousand pounds.
Three men went into Parsons Heath Post Office and general stores in Harwich Road at 5.15pm on Thursday.
There were two male staff working in the post office at the time, one of whom was held by his arms while the other was ordered to hand over cash.
One of the staff members was also kicked on the knee by one of the robbers as they fled.
You may also want to watch:
The men ran away across Harwich Road, through a passageway into Woodside Close and then into Churnwood Road.
No get-away vehicle was seen.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 3 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 4 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 5 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 6 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 7 Essex home 'completely destroyed' by fire
- 8 Delays on A12 after crash near Saxmundham
- 9 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 10 190 homes plan in Bramford village will meet 'rising demand' for housing
Two of the robbers were black and one was white. One was wearing a cap and the others were dressed in black jogging tops with the hoods pulled up.
Police said last night the robbery was not being linked to one at Wivenhoe Post Office in the High Street last Friday evening.
Then three men burst into the premises, held one of two female assistants at gun-point and forced her to hand over a four-figure sum.
They fled in the direction of Wivenhoe Railway Station.
The Harwich Road Post Office was targeted nearly a year ago by a gun-wielding robber.
A male cashier had a gun pointed at him and was forced to hand over about £300 from the till.
The robber then escaped in the direction of the nearby Greenstead estate.
The cashier was said to be "shaken and shocked by the incident."
The post office and store yesterday were closed and no-one from the business was available to comment.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det Con Steve Youngman, of Colchester CID on 01206 762212.