Robbers strike at village post office
By Jonathan BarnesPOLICE were hunting last night a pair of robbers who struck at a village post office- the fourth raid in the area in the past three weeks.
By Jonathan Barnes
POLICE were hunting last night a pair of robbers who struck at a village post office- the fourth raid in the area in the past three weeks.
The masked duo targeted Shotley Gate Post Office and Stores at just before 5pm yesterday, threatening staff and escaping with cash.
It is the latest in a string of robberies at post offices across east Suffolk this month, following raids in Debenham, Hacheston and Ipswich.
You may also want to watch:
No weapons were seen during last night's raid, carried out by two men who wore balaclavas or hooded tops.
They forced staff to hand over cash and fled the Bristol Hill premises, making their getaway in a small, dark-coloured car that headed towards Ipswich.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 3 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 4 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 5 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 6 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 7 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 9 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 10 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
Staff at the post office were too distressed last night to talk about the raid.
Suffolk police were in the early stages of their investigation into the robbery last night and said it was too early to tell whether it was linked to other similar raids.
Robbers struck at Christchurch Street Post Office in Ipswich on December 23, threatening staff with guns before fleeing empty-handed.
Five days earlier, two men - one of whom was carrying a shotgun - raided a post office in Hacheston, near Wickham Market, and left with cash.
It was the third time the village post office had been targeted this year, and it had also been the victim of a burglary.
Three weeks ago, two men raided a post office in Debenham. Each of the raids happened just before 5pm.
Suffolk police appealed for anyone who witnessed the latest robbery, saw anyone acting suspiciously or has any other information to contact them on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.