Rod Stewart to return to Portman Road for summer concert
- Credit: Manchester Evening News
Legendary rocker Rod Stewart will return to Portman Road next summer in support of the release of his 30th studio album Blood Red Roses.
The singer, who last performed at the Blues’ stadium in 2007, will take the stage on Friday, June 7, as part of a seven-date national stadium tour.
The show will be the 73-year-old’s third appearance at Portman Road – having also played in 1991 – and marks his first UK tour in three years.
Rosie Richardson, Ipswich Town Football Club’s director of sales, said: “We are delighted to be welcoming Rod Stewart back to Portman Road. He performed at the stadium in the 1990s and also in 2007.
“He certainly puts on a fabulous show and we’re looking forward to the summer of 2019.”
With his signature voice, style and songwriting, Stewart has transcended all genres of popular music, from rock, folk, soul, and R&B, making him one of the few stars to enjoy chart-topping albums throughout every decade of his career.
His 2019 tour will also see him perform at St Mary’s Stadium in Southampton, York Racecourse, Stadium MK in Milton Keynes, Molineux in Wolverhampton, the AECC in Aberdeen, and the University of Bolton Stadium.
Peter Taylor, director of promoters Cuffe and Taylor, said: “We are delighted to be announcing Rod Stewart Live In Concert. We have presented numerous shows with him over the past five years and this will be our second full tour with him.
- 1 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Sudbury river
- 2 14 players that could solve Town's left-sided problem
- 3 'We're blown away' - Classic car show visits care home after roadworks setback
- 4 Ipswich Town installed as early League One title favourites
- 5 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 6 Man left with head injury after attack in seaside town
- 7 5 new places to eat and drink in Woodbridge this year
- 8 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 9 GALLERY: 'Stunning' turnout as Hadleigh Show returns after enforced break
- 10 Former Suffolk poultry farm site could be converted into homes
“As his fans know, Rod presents the most amazing shows. He continues to play to huge audiences across the globe and it is an absolute pleasure to once again be taking him across the UK once to reach tens of thousands of people who will have the most incredible night watching him perform live.”
Concert-goers will be treated to classic tracks from the singer’s glittering career as well as hits from his new album Blood Red Roses - which is being released on September 28.
Tickets go on sale at 9am on September 21 from www.ticketmaster.co.uk
Pre-sale tickets will go on sale at 9am on Wednesday, September 19 and can be accessed by pre-ordering Blood Red Roses from www.hmv.com