Rockets first up for Lynn
KING'S Lynn Stars begin their treble defence against Rye House at the Norfolk Arena in the Premier Trophy on Wednesday, March 31.Tomas Topinka leads a new-look septet against the Rockets in their first competitive outing of the new season a week after the traditional Ashley Jones memorial meeting curtain raiser.
KING'S Lynn Stars begin their treble defence against Rye House at the Norfolk Arena in the Premier Trophy on Wednesday, March 31.
Tomas Topinka leads a new-look septet against the Rockets in their first competitive outing of the new season a week after the traditional Ashley Jones memorial meeting curtain raiser.
The Stars also face home and away Trophy tussles against Newport and Somerset alongside old A10 foes Rye House during the opening full month of the new campaign.
Lynn's Premier League bid starts with a trip to cross-border neighbours Scunthorpe on Friday, April 16 before Sheffield visit Saddlebow the following week.
The Stars' Premier League KO Cup defence begins with an intriguing match up against Glasgow. Lynn will look to keep it tight north of the border in the opening leg on Sunday, May 2 before the return four days later.
Lyon's men have targeted an historic fifth KO Cup success in the past six seasons to continue their dominance of speedway's second tier since 2005.
- 1 Suffolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 When and where will the thunderstorms hit Suffolk?
- 3 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 4 Woman in 70s dies in hospital after serious crash in east Suffolk
- 5 Chasing a treble, style shift and potential debut - Burton v Ipswich talking points
- 6 Army carries out controlled explosion of dummy tank shell in west Suffolk
- 7 Suffolk councillor can stay in role despite bribery sentence
- 8 Thieves break into garden and steal hot tub
- 9 'I'd bet on Ipswich to get promoted' - Burton assistant praises Town
- 10 Man and woman arrested on suspicion of manslaughter after death of child
Rob Lyon's champions face arch rivals Edinburgh for the first time in the new 2010 season at Armadale on Friday, May 14 with the Monarchs due at the Norfolk Arena on Wednesday, August 11.
Fans' favourite Kevin Doolan welcomes his old club Workington to Saddlebow on Wednesday, June 2 after leading the Derwent Park outfit last season during an injury-hit year in Cumbria.
Lynn treble winner Chris Schramm has gone in the opposite direction, along with joining Elite League Eastbourne as a number eight.
Stars' second string Linus Eklof is also in line for some top flight experience this season after linking up with Peterborough at number eight alongside his Saddlebow commitments. Rye House wrap up Lynn's regular season Premier League campaign at home on Wednesday, September 1.
The Norfolk Arena will also host round two of the prestigious World Team Cup featuring Lyon's Team GB against Australia, Sweden and a qualifier on Monday, July 26.
“It is a real feather in the cap for everyone involved at the Arena.” said Stars' co-promoter Buster Chapman. “Last year the British fans turned out in force to support Team Great Britain and we are looking forward to welcoming them to King's Lynn for what I am sure will be a great night of thrilling racing and family entertainment.”