Travel firm colleagues take on Spanish trek for Alzheimer’s charity
- Credit: ROL Cruise
Two colleagues from ROL Cruise, an independent cruise retailer in Colchester, are embarking on a physical challenge to raise funds for the Alzheimer’s Society.
Head of marketing and media, Helen Smith, and business analyst Jemma Gale plan to travel to northern Spain this weekend with a view to trekking the final 120km stretch of one of the world’s most famous long-distance walks; the Camino de Santiago.
The challenge is particularly poignant and personal for Helen as in October last year, her mother was diagnosed with a rare form of dementia.
“I was devastated to discover my fun, outgoing and tremendously caring Mum had been diagnosed with dementia” she said.
“Since my mum’s diagnosis late last year, I have been overwhelmed by the support that has been available through the Alzheimer’s Society. It has opened my eyes to the incredible amount of hard work this charity does.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone wishing to make a donation can visit https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/helen-smith169.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 3 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 4 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 5 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 6 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 8 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 9 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 10 600 protesters form 'human wall' to oppose Sizewell C sea defences