Royal Hospital School Student ‘thrilled’ to win Academy of Contemporary Music’s first music production scholarship
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk student has become the first ever recipient of a prestigious scholarship in music production after impressing tutors with his talent, dedication and passion.
Madison Claridge, a former pupil at the Royal Hospital School in Holbrook, is said to be thrilled to have won the Music Production Music Gateway Scholarship.
He said he applied for the award, run by the Academy of Contemporary Music (ACM) because he “loved the potential opportunities”.
“I am so pleased to have won and am really looking forward to the next two years studying at ACM and working with Music Gateway,” he said.
His degree will be fully funded at ACM’s Guildford campus.
ACM said many worthy application were submitted and its tutors had a tough task to develop a shortlist.
Music Gateway CEO Jon Skinner said: “It’s really inspiring to see such a high level of dedication and creativity from a broad range of young candidates.
- 1 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 2 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 3 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 4 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 5 Stu says: Six observations following Papa John's Trophy exit to Arsenal U21s
- 6 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 7 Friends speak of 'spiking' in market town and advise others: 'be careful'
- 8 West Suffolk's Covid rate rises to become highest in county
- 9 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 10 Former Town defender McGreal returns to club in coaching role
“Congratulations to our winner Madison and everyone who entered.”
Mark Smithers, Pathway Leader for Music Production at ACM added: “It’s fantastic to work with our long-term partners Music Gateway to offer this scholarship to Madison. His application was incredibly strong and I’m really looking forward to teaching him at ACM and seeing him progress with his bright future in the music industry.”
To find out more about ACM and the scholarships it offers, visit here.