Royal Navy at major speedway event
SPEEDWAY: The British Grand Prix at the Millennium Stadium, Cardiff on July 10 will be in shipshape order.
The flagship GP event will see the Royal Navy playing an integral role in the three-hour spectacular with a field gun run and the Royal Marines Commando display team.
This marks the 10th anniversary of Cardiff staging a GP meeting.
Commander Steve Pearson said: “Having seen the Grand Prix in Cardiff last year, we feel it is a great event to be associated with.
“The atmosphere was electric and passionate, and we hope the display by the field gun crews and the Royal Marines will excite and entertain the thousands of fans.
You may also want to watch:
“Our messages about service careers ‘Life without limits’ and ‘State of Mind’ encapsulated in our display teams has a real read across to speedway, which is all about skill, discipline and bravery.”
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 5 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 6 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 7 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 8 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 9 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 10 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club