Woman freed from overturned car in ditch and taken to hospital
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
A road was blocked this morning while emergency services freed a female driver from her overturned vehicle.
Suffolk police were called to reports of the collision in Middlewood Green shortly after 7.30am this morning.
Three fire engines were also called to the single vehicle crash, which left a car upside down in a ditch and a female driver trapped in the vehicle.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: "Fire crews were called to help extract the driver from the car.
"The road is currently blocked by the incident as ambulance, police and fire work at the scene."
You may also want to watch:
The woman has now been removed from the vehicle and has been taken to hospital for precautionary measures.
The exact location of the incident is unclear, but it is understood to have occurred just off the A140 between Stonham Parva and Middlewood Green.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Controversial plans that would double village in size set for approval
- 3 Timeline: When can you expect to receive the Covid vaccine?
- 4 Electricity restored to almost 500 homes following power cut
- 5 Infection rates drop in Suffolk as UK records deadliest day of pandemic
- 6 Hadleigh rated as one of the worst areas for coronavirus deaths in England
- 7 Two more League One clubs make approaches for Ipswich Town defender Donacien
- 8 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 9 Church saved from collapse 'tragedy' after major cracks in walls appear
- 10 Covid vaccines cancelled at four Suffolk centres today – this is why
The road remains partially blocked while recovery takes place.