Woman freed from overturned car in ditch and taken to hospital
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
A road was blocked this morning while emergency services freed a female driver from her overturned vehicle.
Suffolk police were called to reports of the collision in Middlewood Green shortly after 7.30am this morning.
Three fire engines were also called to the single vehicle crash, which left a car upside down in a ditch and a female driver trapped in the vehicle.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: "Fire crews were called to help extract the driver from the car.
"The road is currently blocked by the incident as ambulance, police and fire work at the scene."
You may also want to watch:
The woman has now been removed from the vehicle and has been taken to hospital for precautionary measures.
The exact location of the incident is unclear, but it is understood to have occurred just off the A140 between Stonham Parva and Middlewood Green.
- 1 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 2 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 5 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 6 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 8 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 9 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 10 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
The road remains partially blocked while recovery takes place.