Saxmundham: Crowds out in force for fundraiser
- Credit: Andrew Partridge
VISITORS turned out in force for a seasonal fundraiser.
An Easter Bonanza was held in the Gannon Rooms in Saxmundham.
There were around 20 stalls, including garden ornaments, jewellery, jam and chutney and bird boxes.
The event was held in aid of the Somersham Ward at Ipswich Hospital.
Emma Churchyard, who organised the day with Danielle Duffy, said the event had raised £410.50.
You may also want to watch:
“I’d just like to thank everyone who came out to support us and all those who helped out,” she said. “I have had people who I was very close to pass away from cancer on Somersham Ward so it’s a cause that’s very close to my heart.
“I did a similar event at Christmas and wanted to carry that on.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 4 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 5 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 6 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 7 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
- 8 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 9 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 10 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
“We have raised an excellent amount.”