Schools closing early across region as more snow arrives – see the full list here
- Credit: Archant
A number of schools have already announced plans to close across Suffolk and north Essex this morning after snowy weather hit the region.
Kesgrave High School is shut today due to boiler issues while Hedingham School and Sixth Form in Sible Hedingham is also closed to pupils and sixth-form students.
Bosses took the decision to shut their doors last night, but both hope to re-open again tomorrow.
Shortly before 12.30pm today, Hillside Special School in Sudbury confirmed it will be closed from 1.30pm today, as will Ringshall School.
Boxford CEVCP School will close from 2pm.
Parents are being warned of treacherous road conditions as the snow that hit Suffolk and Essex froze again overnight creating icy surfaces.
You may also want to watch:
Gritters have been out on main routes and plan to go out again this morning.
Weather forecasters are also expecting a second spell of the white stuff to hit Suffolk and north Essex later this afternoon.
We will keep this page updated with the latest information from schools across both counties.
For details of Tuesday’s school closures, read our latest story here.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 3 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 5 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 6 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 7 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 8 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 9 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay