Search for body is called off
A SPECIALIST underwater search team has been drafted in to Fox's Marina in Ipswich today after someone reported seeing a body in the water.
A SPECIALIST team of police divers called in to an Ipswich marina after reports a body had been spotted in the water has called off its search.
The team, from the Metropolitan Police, carried out an extensive search of Fox's Marina but were unable to find anything.
Suffolk police were first called at 8.50am on Saturday by a member of the public who reported the sighting and officers launched a search with Thames Coastguard, but no body was discovered.
A Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said 12 officers had also been deployed to undertake house to house enquiries, as well as talk to yacht owners, to see if anyone was missing.
The area was sealed off to preserve any evidence in case a body was discovered.
It is believed further inquiries will take place today.
- 1 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Major west Suffolk reopens after lorry and car crash
- 4 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 5 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 6 'It was unanimous... this season's not dead' - Ashton on why Town sacked Cook
- 7 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 8 North Stander: We've become a sacking club - and that makes me uneasy
- 9 Member of staff assaulted in armed robbery at west Suffolk Post Office
- 10 The best fossil hunting spots across East Anglia