Search for missing Chris May from Kelvedon continues
- Credit: Archant
A fresh appeal has been launched for a 28-year-old man from Kelvedon who has been not been seen or heard from in two months.
Searches for Chris May have been concentrated around the Fairstead area, after his silver VW Golf was abandoned along Troys Chase, on May 25.
Detectives revealed they received a letter delivered by Royal Mail to Witham police station at the beginning of June, stating Mr May had been killed.
To date the author of this letter has failed come forward to police.
Mr May has now not been seen for more than 60 days and police continue to investigate his disappearance.
You may also want to watch:
DCI Marina Ericson of the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate, who is leading the search for Mr May, said: “While we have had tremendous support from members of the public to our social media appeals and those made by Chris’s family, what I am still looking for is any information which can assist us finding Chris and providing his family with answers.
“We still appeal for the author of the letter to come and speak to officers and for members of the public, particularly in the Fairstead area to speak to police if they feel they may hold any relevant information.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 3 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 4 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 5 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 6 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 7 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 8 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 9 Stuart Watson's Verdict: Judge Chambers and Skuse's legacy by what their peers said
- 10 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
“Two months is a long time when you are waiting to hear news about someone you love and who is such an important part of your life. Chris has never been away from his family for this long as has always been around for his much loved nieces and nephews.
“Please, if you have any information on where Chris might be can you contact my team or Crimestoppers anonymously.”
Anyone with information should contact the major investigation team on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.