Search launched for naked swimmer
LIFEBOAT crews were called after a member of the public dialled 999 to alert them to a naked swimmer off the coast.
Volunteers of the Clacton RNLI lifeboat crew were paged at 2.35pm today after the emergency call from a lady walking along the River Colne.
A spokesman for the coastguard said: “The informant stated that she had seen an elderly gentleman strip naked leaving his clothes on the bank and then enter the river between Arlesford and Wivenhoe.”
The crew thoroughly searched the area with Clacton Coastguard mobile unit and police officers as well as the Clacton Atlantic 75 lifeboat.
When members of the search team returned to the female informant, at the spot where she saw the man enter the water. the clothes had gone and there was no sign of the swimmer.
You may also want to watch:
Satisfied the man was not in trouble and had been for a quick dip, the search teams stood down at 3.36pm.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 5 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 6 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
- 9 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 10 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water