Seaside fun comes to Stowmarket
- Credit: Archant
Donkey rides, Punch & Judy and building sandcastles were the order of the day as Stowmarket enjoyed a trip to the seaside.
Families enjoyed a day in the sun at the town’s recreation ground for the annual event organised by Stowmarket Town Council.
The yearly event also hosted the finish point for the Stowmarket Striders Running Club annual Golden Mile.
This saw around 300 runners of all ages take part in a race across the town.
Now in its fifth year, the Golden Mile was set up following the huge success of the inaugural race in 2014 to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the first four-minute mile set by the legendary Roger Bannister.
You may also want to watch:
David Marsh, of Stowmarket Town Council, hailed the event as a success and thanked sponsors Buildbase of Stowmarket.
He said: “It was a great day, the weather was fantastic – probably the best we’ve ever had – and everyone really seemed to enjoy themselves.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 7 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
- 8 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'
- 9 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 10 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices
“A trip to the seaside is now a big day in the calendar for Stowmarket.”