Seaside fun days returning to Dovercourt and Clacton
- Credit: TDC
Two fun activity days are returning to Dovercourt and Clacton this summer.
Beside the Seaside will involve a host of traditional seaside entertainment, water sports and beach family fun sports activities.
Following on from the success of the Sea and Beach Festivals run by Tendring District Council, last year the council signed up the Harwich Festival to take on and develop the events.
This year’s events will take place in Clacton on July 22, and in Dovercourt on August 12. There will be live music, traditional entertainment, craft stalls, beach sports and other activities.
Peter Davis, artistic director for the Harwich Festival, said: “Everybody seems to enjoy the Beside the Seaside festivals. We certainly do, and we look forward to entertaining even more people this year.”
You may also want to watch:
Mick Skeels, Tendring cabinet member for leisure and tourism, said: “These family-friendly events are a perfect way to enjoy everything our coast has to offer, from sports to activities and great entertainment.
“As well as offering something to encourage visitors to our area, these are also for our residents to enjoy – particularly as they take place in the school summer holidays.”
Organisations, performers and stall holders wanting to be involved can email Michael Offord at the Harwich Festival to find out more.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 5 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 6 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 7 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 8 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 9 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 10 Friends reunited, points to prove and more goals, please - Town face U's