Seeing Suffolk’s sounds
THE winners of a unique photographic competition have been revealed.
Launched in the East Anglian Daily Times to coincide with Deaf Awareness Week, Hear Suffolk was the brainchild of local hearing care specialists, The Hearing Care Centre.
The centre wanted the photographs to capture musical sounds that hard-of-hearing or deaf people may not otherwise hear.
First place went to Jane Davies, of Rumburgh, near Halesworth, second place went to Jo Sweetman, of Bury St Edmunds, and third place went to Harold Ward, of Ipswich.
Jane won �250, with Jo winning �100 and Harold �50.
You may also want to watch:
In the children’s category Jessica Metson, also of Ipswich, won first prize and �100.
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 3 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 5 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 6 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 7 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 8 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 9 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 10 Former Town loanee joins McCarthy's Cardiff side