Severe delays on A12 northbound at Martlesham Heath due to stalled vehicle with horsebox
- Credit: Archant
The A12 near Martlesham heath has returned to normal after a stalled vehicle and horsebox caused severe tailbacks earlier this evening
The incident happened shortly before 4pm on the northbound carriageway of the A12 close to the Anson Road road roundabout.
A police spokeswoman said the vehicle was blocking lane one, and officers had closed the northbound carriageway while work was underway to recover the vehicle.
Two fire engines from Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service were also called to help with recovery at the scene.
The issue had caused tailbacks along the A12 from Bucklesham, with delays also in the area close to the roundabout with Park and Ride and Main Road in Kesgrave.
You may also want to watch:
Officers re-opened the road at around 6.45pm.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 4 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 5 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game
- 6 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 7 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 8 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 9 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards