Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- Credit: Nicholas Allison
Police are hunting a driver who ran away from the scene after crashing into a level crossing.
According to the AA, there are reports of very slow traffic in the area after the crash on the B1531 Victoria Road, with many major roads in and out of Lowestoft and Great Yarmouth blocked.
This includes Normanston Drive, Bridge Road, Victoria Road, Cotmer Road and the A146.
A spokesperson for Suffolk Police said: "Police were called to an RTC at Oulton Broad on the B1531 Victoria Road with the junction at Normanston Drive.
"The incident happened at 2.20pm today when a vehicle, a black Clio, collided with two vehicles that were being driven at the time.
"The driver of the Clio then decamped from the vehicle and fled the scene.
"Enquiries are on-going to locate the suspect.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 5 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 6 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 9 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 10 Murder accused storms out of witness box after admitting stabbing his ex
"The area is now clear after an initial closure of the road and initial investigations were conducted.
"No-one has been hurt in the incident."