Severe traffic delays on A14
- Credit: Archant
Motorists travelling eastbound on the A14 experienced serious delays after an accident on the Orwell Bridge.
Police were called shortly after 5.30pm today with reports that a Ford Fiesta had spun round on the eastbound carriageway of the Orwell Bridge.
Traffic was said to be brought to a standstill as commuters made their way home during the rush hour.
The road was blocked up for over two hours, with traffic moving very slowly and queues thought to stretch as far back as Copdock.
Suffolk Highways were called to the scene to clear an oil spillage.
You may also want to watch:
Nobody is known to have been injured in the incident.
The road was reopened shortly before 8pm.
- 1 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 2 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 3 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 4 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 5 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 6 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 7 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 8 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 9 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 10 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout