Sex trafficking suspects bailed
Four women arrested and bailed following an operation targeting people trafficking in Ipswich have been rebailed by police.
A 45-year-old, 27-year-old, 23-year-old and 21-year-old have all bee requested to return to Ipswich Police station in October.
The arrests followed a multi-force and multi-agency operation on Wednesday, July 21, targeting people trafficking and prostitution.
Suffolk Constabulary led the operation which saw officers from Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Wiltshire and Devon and Cornwall execute five warrants at premises in Ipswich, Norwich, Harwich, Swindon and Tedburn St Mary in Devon.
Two men and one woman arrested in Norwich have also been rebailed, along with a man arrested in Hatfield and a woman arrested in Chelmsford.
You may also want to watch:
All were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to traffic person(s) into the UK for sexual exploitation, contrary to S57 or S58 of the Sexual Offences Act 2003, and conspiracy to manage, keep, act, or assist in the management of a brothel for prostitution, contrary to S33A of the Sexual Offences Act 2003.
Five victims were also located following the searches. Two were located in relation to the Ipswich raid, one in relation to the Norwich raid and two in relation to the Swindon raid.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 5 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 6 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
- 9 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 10 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water