‘Shadow exhibition’ set to follow EDF to explain Sizewell C concerns
Campaigners are staging their own exhibitions to give residents an alternative view on EDF Energy’s latest proposals for Sizewell C.
The energy giant has unveiled its Stage 2 consultation for the new nuclear power station on the county’s coast and provided residents with further details on a range of issues – including proposed park-and-ride sites, an accommodation campus for workers, and road and rail improvements.
EDF is holding more than 20 public exhibitions across east Suffolk before Christmas. The consultation runs until Friday, February 3.
At the same time, Theberton & Eastbridge Action Group on Sizewell (TEAGS), B1122 Action Group and Minsmere Levels Stakeholder Group are organising a shadow mini-exhibition A Better Route to Sizewell C.
It will tour between November 25 and December 19, where possible coinciding with EDF’s exhibitions.
You may also want to watch:
Su Swallow, co-chairman of TEAGS, said: “Whilst our groups are not opposed to Sizewell C, local people continue to have many concerns about how EDF intends to deliver this massive project, from the threats to a beautiful and precious environment to the likely impacts on health and wellbeing.
“Our small exhibition will help to highlight these concerns with the aim of informing responses to EDF’s consultations.”
- 1 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 2 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 3 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 4 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 5 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 6 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 7 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 8 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 9 Sweltering Suffolk could see hottest day this year ahead of thunderstorms
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
Exhibitions will take place at: St Peter’s Church, Westleton, today, 4pm to 8pm; Aldeburgh Parish Church Hall, tomorrow, noon to 6pm; St John The Baptist, Saxmundham, Friday, 11am to 3pm; White Hart Inn, Blythburgh, December 7, 11am to 3pm; Darsham Village Hall, December 8, 2pm to 6pm; Bell Inn, Middleton, December 14, 11am to 3pm; and St Peter’s Church, Yoxford, December 19, 3.15pm to 8pm.