Police appeal for witnesses after sheep is found slaughtered in Sproughton
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after a sheep was discovered slaughtered in the Sproughton area.
The owner of the sheep discovered the remains of the animal by a stream on Saturday, December 23.
According to a spokesman for Suffolk police, the carcass of the animal had been taken leaving the remainder of the animal behind.
Police are urging anyone who may have witnessed any suspicious activity in the area to come forward.
Officers are also warning farmers or smallholdings with livestock to be vigilant to suspicious activity - those living in areas where sheep graze should also report any out of the ordina ry activity such as individuals handling livestock.
You may also want to watch:
Members of the public should also be mindful of being offered meat for sale in suspicious circumstances.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact Sgt Brian Calver at the Rural and Wildlife Crime Unit on 101 quoting reference 37/81314/17.
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 5 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 6 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 7 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 8 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 9 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 10 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence