Shop evacuated after light fitting blaze
A SUFFOLK shop has been evacuated after workers reported a light fitting caught fire.
Firefighters were called to the High Street in Newmarket shortly before 10.40am today.
A spokesperson for the fire service said that the smell of burning was reported on the ground floor of a shop.
Crews evacuated the property and investigated before finding a fire in a light fitting.
The electric supply has been isolated but the shop will remain closed until an electrician arrives.
You may also want to watch:
The small fire had been put out by 10.49pm.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 3 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 4 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 New beginnings, old faces and a return home - what to look for on 'fixtures day'
- 7 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 8 A&E under pressure as patient levels return to pre-pandemic levels
- 9 Ipswich to face army of familiar faces as Town draw U's in EFL Trophy
- 10 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album