Shoppers use their green tokens to support hospital appeal for cardiac diagnostic unit
- Credit: SUBMITTED
Shoppers at two supermarket stores in west Suffolk have shown their support for improvements to the cardiac department at a local hospital.
The Asda branches in Bury St Edmunds and Stowmarket have raised £200 each for the Every Heart Matters appeal for West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds.
The campaign, run by the hospital’s My WiSH charity and backed by the East Anglian Daily Times and West Suffolk Mercury, reached its target of £500,000 in December, which has enabled West Suffolk Hospital to create a specialist heart diagnosis unit and bring the heart department together on one floor.
Shoppers at Asda stores get a chance to nominate which charity they would like to receive money from the Asda Foundation.
They receive a green token in store to put into a box of their choice and the Every Heart Matters appeal gained the customers’ support.
Michelle Frost, the stores’ community champion said: “We are all aware of the issues surrounding heart treatment and shoppers felt they wanted to support the appeal.”
You may also want to watch:
Sally Daniels, appeal manager, said: “We can’t thank Asda enough for giving us the opportunity to let everyone know about our Every Heart Matters appeal. This money really does make a difference and, as it stays local, it could potentially help us all.”
For more information about Every Heart Matters see here.
- 1 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 2 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 3 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 4 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 5 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 6 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 7 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 8 A14 closed after serious crash between van and car
- 9 How busy was Bury St Edmunds town centre as lockdown eased?
- 10 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident