Shotgun and jewellery box stolen during burglary in Badwell Ash
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Detectives are linking a burglary in Badwell Ash with an attempted burglary in Westhorpe.
Between 5pm and 10pm on Friday, a home on Hunston Road at Badwell Ash was broken into and a Meiner 16-bore side by side shotgun and a jewellery box were stolen.
At 10pm on Friday, a woman was inside a property in Tudor Court, Westhorpe, when she heard someone attempting to break in, a Suffolk police spokesman said.
She alerted police and while she was on the phone a second attempt was made.
She then turned on lights inside the property and it’s thought this scared off the would-be burglar.
You may also want to watch:
To help, contact police on 101, quoting reference ST/15/515 for Badwell Ash or ST/15/513 for Westhorpe.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 5 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 6 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 7 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 8 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park