Shotley holiday park with unrivalled views of the Orwell/Stour estuary up for sale
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk holiday park said to be one of the best kept secrets among caravan holiday makers is being sold.
The 8.5-acre site, in Gate Farm Road, Shotley Gate, is up for grabs with an asking price of between £200,000 and £250,000.
The park, which opened in the 1970s, offers “unrivalled and uninterrupted” views of the Orwell/Stour estuary and is described by owners as a haven only for tourists “in the know”.
Although it has no formal planning permission, it currently offers ten seasonal pitches with hardstands, power and water and 15 touring pitches that have electric couple-up facilities.
There’s also a static caravan on the site with two bedrooms and central heating that is also included in the sale.
You may also want to watch:
However auctioneer Tim Golding says this spectacular site might have potential for other uses.
He said: “Following recent communication between an architect working for the vendor and the local authority - the potential for residential development is ‘not a complete non-starter’.”
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 6 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn
Shotley Caravan Site will go under the hammer at auction on July 22 at Wherstead Park, Ipswich.
Viewing is by appointment only.
For more information, visit www.goldingsauctions.co.uk