Expect further rain today as June gets off to damp start
- Credit: Archant
Rain is forecast again today as the weather remains unsettled following the region’s driest ever May.
Light rain this morning will give way to heavier showers in the afternoon.
The showers are then expected to continue into Friday.
The maximum temperature for the next few days will be 15-17C.
A spokesman for East Anglian-based forecaster Weatherquest said: “Generally there will be a little bit of light rain around early this morning. Then showers will continue from the afternoon into Friday.”
Wednesday saw a marked change in the weather, from the sunniest and driest May on record to a damp start to June.
Met Office data revealed East Anglia received only 9% of its average rainfall for May, with the final total less than half of the previous low of 9.6mm recorded in 1989.
- 1 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 2 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 3 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 4 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 5 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 6 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
- 7 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 8 Town working on loan deal for Bristol City midfielder
- 9 Walton completes permanent move to Ipswich Town
- 10 'We thought he could be someone special' - Comolli on McKenna's start in coaching
Last month was also the sunniest May on record, with 314.6 hours of sunshine - an average of more than 10 hours a day.