Expect further rain today as June gets off to damp start
- Credit: Archant
Rain is forecast again today as the weather remains unsettled following the region’s driest ever May.
Light rain this morning will give way to heavier showers in the afternoon.
The showers are then expected to continue into Friday.
The maximum temperature for the next few days will be 15-17C.
A spokesman for East Anglian-based forecaster Weatherquest said: “Generally there will be a little bit of light rain around early this morning. Then showers will continue from the afternoon into Friday.”
You may also want to watch:
Wednesday saw a marked change in the weather, from the sunniest and driest May on record to a damp start to June.
Met Office data revealed East Anglia received only 9% of its average rainfall for May, with the final total less than half of the previous low of 9.6mm recorded in 1989.
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 3 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 4 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 5 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 6 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 7 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 8 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 9 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?
- 10 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton
Last month was also the sunniest May on record, with 314.6 hours of sunshine - an average of more than 10 hours a day.