Sibton/Saxmundham: Gun charge for burglary accused
- Credit: PA NEWS
A MAN is due to appear in court this morning facing burglary and firearms charges following a break-in at a home in Sibton.
Five shotguns and ammunition was taken from an address in Pouy Street last Friday, along with jewellery, alcohol, cash and electrical items.
Benjamin Hills, 23, of Lincoln Avenue in Saxmundham, was arrested an questioned on Friday afternoon.
The following evening he was charged with burglary, possession of a firearm when prohibited for five years, possession of ammunition for a firearm when prohibited for five years, and two counts of possession of a firearm on arrest for burglary, a schedule one offence.
He was held over the weekend and is due to appear at South East Suffolk Magistrates Court this morning.
All the guns and some of the other property have been recovered by police.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 2 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 3 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 4 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 5 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 6 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk coast ahead of expected high tide
- 7 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 8 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 9 'Fans are disgruntled - I understand it' - Cook on Papa John's Trophy exit to Arsenal U21s
- 10 West Suffolk's Covid rate rises to become highest in county