Sibton: Second arrest after gun thefts
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press ÃÂ© 20
A SECOND man has been arrested after a break-in at a home in Pouy Street in Sibton on Friday, January 25 in which shotguns, ammunition, jewellery, alcohol, cash and electrical items were stolen.
The 19-year-old man from Saxmundham was arrested on Wednesday, January 30 and interviewed in connection with the burglary that happened between 10.45am and Friday afternoon.
Items including a pump-action shotgun, two side by side shotguns, two over and under shotguns, shotgun cartridges, a digital camera and thousands of pounds worth of jewellery were taken.
The first man arrested – Benjamin Hills, 23, of Lincoln Avenue in Saxmundham – was charged with five offences including burglary and possession of firearms crimes.
He appeared before magistrates on Monday, January 28 and has been remanded in custody until his next court appearance on February 7.
You may also want to watch:
The 19-year-old man has now been bailed to return to police on February 20.
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 5 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 6 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 7 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 8 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 9 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search
- 10 Tribute to Kaine, 24, at estate's new underpass mural