15 signs you grew up in Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Archant
Rollerbury, Everard’s and Brasilia’s - names you will hold dearly if you grew up in Bury St Edmunds during a certain era.
Here we look at other signs you grew up in Bury St Edmunds.
1. You are easily pleased as your idea of entertainment was once hanging around the back of Boots
2. You first learned to skate at Rollerbury
3. Brasilia's or Vienna's may well have been the venue for your first kiss
You may also want to watch:
4. You hate trains as there is never one available at the time you wish to leave
5. You can't walk around the Abbey Gardens without bracing yourself for being told off by the park keeper, even though he is no longer there and hasn't been for years
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 5 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 6 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 7 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 8 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 9 Warning of seasonal canine disorder after dachshund Trudie taken ill
- 10 Shoplifter caught stealing £829 worth of alcohol from Sainsbury's
6. You really disapproved of the Arc when it was being built but now you never mention this
7. You remember the Cattle Market when it actually had livestock
8. You've never been to Moyse's Hall, even though it's amazing. You never went to the clock museum either, or the Suffolk Regimental...but you will, one day
9. You had your first drink in the Suffolk Hotel and you used to think a meal at Everard's was the height of posh
10. You went sledging at The Dip
11. You're quite proud that Charles Dickens once stayed at The Angel but you are stunned when people go on about the Abbey Gate as it has always been there and you are utterly oblivious to how amazing it is
12. You NEVER go to Bury Christmas Fayre, unless it's late on the Sunday evening
13. You are still in shock at how many restaurants there are now in Bury to choose from
14. You miss Woolworth's pick and mix even now
15. You don't understand why people get excited about street markets and Christmas markets because there is always a market every Wednesday and Saturday so what's the big deal?