Inquest opened into death of murder victim Silke Hartshorne-Jones
- Credit: Archant
An inquest has been opened into the death of mother of two Silke Hartshorne-Jones, who was shot at her home in Barham.
Nigel Parsley, senior coroner for Suffolk, opened the hearing into Mrs Hartshorne-Jones’ death on Friday.
Mr Parsley heard from Detective Chief Inspector Caroline Miller, who read a statement on behalf of Suffolk police.
Ch Insp Miller told the court that Suffolk police had received a call from Mrs Hartshorne-Jones’ husband, Peter, in the early hours of Sunday, May 3 in relation to the incident.
Police and paramedics quickly attended the scene and Mr Hartshorne-Jones was placed under arrest, initially on suspicion of attempted murder.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Hartshorne-Jones was taken to Ipswich Hospital, where she died.
Her husband was then arrested on suspicion of murder.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 5 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 6 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
- 7 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 10 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
On May 4, an post-mortem examination was carried out and found that Mrs Hartshorne-Jones had died from a gunshot wound to the chest.
The post-mortem examination found that Mrs Hartshorne-Jones had suffered two gunshot wounds,
Mr Parsley opened the inquest and adjourned it until the criminal case concludes.
The criminal trial is expected to begin on October 26, 2020.