Simon Lockyer appointed new head of the Royal Hospital School in Holbrook
- Credit: Archant
One of Suffolk’s most historic schools has appointed a new headmaster.
The Governors of the Royal Hospital School, Holbrook, have announced the appointment of Simon Lockyer with effect from January 2016.
Mr Lockyer is currently second master at Portsmouth Grammar School, where he has been in post for the past six years.
Previously, he held posts as housemaster and head of department at Wellington College, Berkshire.
Current head James Lockwood moves to Woodhouse Grove in Yorkshire from January 2016, where he was educated.
On the announcement of his appointment, Mr Lockyer said: “It is a great privilege to have been appointed as the next headmaster of the Royal Hospital School. I look forward to working with the School’s experienced and forward-thinking management team to build upon the School’s remarkable achievements to date.
“Following on from the excellent work of James Lockwood, I will continue to support the emphasis placed on the traditional values of loyalty, integrity and service and will reinforce the need to promote high aspiration amongst our young people with a focus on excellence in teaching and learning. Abigail and I are looking forward to the prospect of working with and getting to know the whole RHS community.”
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 3 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 4 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-1 win v Accrington
- 6 "I love him... I think he’s absolutely brilliant' - Chaplin on Town boss McKenna
- 7 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 8 'Ludicrous' - Stanley boss on 'big turning point' in Town loss
- 9 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 10 Suspected drink driver who crashed into bush among five arrested in Newmarket area
Mr Lockwood, added: “I cannot think of anyone more fitting to take on the role of headmaster at the Royal Hospital School.
“Under his leadership, I am sure that the next chapter in the story of the school will be a tremendously successful one and I am sure that Simon and his family will be very happy here.”
Simon Lockyer is married to Abigail who was born and grew up in Suffolk. They have three children aged between 5 and 10 years.