Sisters guilty of town centre assault which left victim with ‘egg-sized lump’ on her head
- Credit: Archant
Two sisters who assaulted two women during a night out in Colchester have been convicted by a jury.
Before Ipswich Crown Court were Jade Lewis, 26, of Clarendon Way, Colchester, and Toni Lewis, 22, of Tippett Close, Colchester.
They both denied assaulting Lauren Ettrich and Lois Beckett causing them actual bodily harm last August but were found guilty after a trial.
Sentence was adjourned for pre-sentence reports.
The court heard that at the time of the offences Jade Lewis was in a relationship with Miss Beckett’s former partner.
Miss Ettrich suffered an egg sized lump on her forehead after being attacked by the sisters in the street near Hudson’s Bar in Colchester and Miss Beckett was left covered in blood after being assaulted by them in the toilets in Hudson’s.
Toni Lewis claimed she thought Miss Ettrich was going to assault her sister and had thrown a preemptive punch and claimed she had punched Miss Beckett in the face after she saw her coming towards her with her hands out.
- 1 Major west Suffolk road reopens after lorry and car crash
- 2 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 3 Member of staff assaulted in armed robbery at west Suffolk Post Office
- 4 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 5 'It was unanimous... this season's not dead' - Ashton on why Town sacked Cook
- 6 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 7 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 8 Ashton on whether a new boss is lined up, the type of manager he's searching for, possible reunions and Town's timeframe for an appointment
- 9 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 10 Morsy on 'shock' of Cook sacking and McGreal's message
Jade Lewis said she punched Miss Ettrich in self-defence and had punched Miss Beckett in the stomach to get her off her sister.