Sisters guilty of town centre assault which left victim with ‘egg-sized lump’ on her head
- Credit: Archant
Two sisters who assaulted two women during a night out in Colchester have been convicted by a jury.
Before Ipswich Crown Court were Jade Lewis, 26, of Clarendon Way, Colchester, and Toni Lewis, 22, of Tippett Close, Colchester.
They both denied assaulting Lauren Ettrich and Lois Beckett causing them actual bodily harm last August but were found guilty after a trial.
Sentence was adjourned for pre-sentence reports.
The court heard that at the time of the offences Jade Lewis was in a relationship with Miss Beckett’s former partner.
You may also want to watch:
Miss Ettrich suffered an egg sized lump on her forehead after being attacked by the sisters in the street near Hudson’s Bar in Colchester and Miss Beckett was left covered in blood after being assaulted by them in the toilets in Hudson’s.
Toni Lewis claimed she thought Miss Ettrich was going to assault her sister and had thrown a preemptive punch and claimed she had punched Miss Beckett in the face after she saw her coming towards her with her hands out.
- 2 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 3 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 4 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 5 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 6 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 7 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 8 How busy was Bury St Edmunds town centre as lockdown eased?
- 9 Butchers warn a leg of lamb could rocket to £50
- 10 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
Jade Lewis said she punched Miss Ettrich in self-defence and had punched Miss Beckett in the stomach to get her off her sister.