Six days out in Suffolk and north Essex
- Credit: Archant
Your weekend inspiration is here - these events are all taking place on November 4 and 5.
Christmas Craft and Gift Fair
The Tithe Barn, Sproughton
Get into the festive spirit early with this Christmas craft and gift fair.
You may also want to watch:
The stalls will include handbags, clothing, jewellery, candles, children’s craft kits and more.
The fair is in aid of the St Elizabeth Hospice and Sproughton Community Shop.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 4 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 5 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 6 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 7 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 8 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 9 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 10 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
The Ninth Annual Sci-Fi and Action Exhibition
Moyse’s Hall Museum, Bury St Edmunds
November 2 - 26
Are you a Star Wars Fan? If so, you won’t be disappointed at this exhibition.
The event marks the 40th anniversary of two iconic sci-fi brands: Star Wars and comic 2000AD.
Take a look at screen used costumes, screen accurate replicas and lots more.
Curious About Ipswich
Ipswich Town Centre
November 2 - 12
Are you looking for an unusual and quirky outdoor activity to participate in this weekend? Well this is it.
Go on a self-guided walk with a treasure hunt theme around Ipswich town.
You will get detailed directions, maps, clues and interesting snippets about the history of Ipswich.
Autumn Forage and Wild Cooking Demonstration
Sudbury Town Centre
Breathe in the fresh air while walking around the stunning Suffolk landscape.
This foraging experience will take you on a journey of discovery into the world of fungi and give you the taste of the wild in your diet.
You will spend the day with experts learning about autumn forage and getting involved with cooking demonstrations.
Colchester Film Festival
Lewis Gardens, Colchester
Meet a friend and head to the Colchester Film Festival.
The Colchester Film Festival is an international festival dedicated to discovering and showing the best film making talent from around the world.
You will be able to take part in filming master classes with leading film professionals.
Enjoy a night of fireworks run by the 1st Danbury Scout Group and the Friends of Danbury Scout Group.
The night has been running since 1968 and is full of things to do.
Gates open at 5.30pm, the giant bonfire is lit at 6pm and there is a funfair happy hour from 5.30pm-6.30pm.
The firework display starts at 8pm. For more information about the evening visit the website.