Six injured in village brawl
By Lisa CleverdonA COUNCILLOR has voiced concern over the level of violence in a village after a man was left with serious injuries following a brawl.
By Lisa Cleverdon
A COUNCILLOR has voiced concern over the level of violence in a village after a man was left with serious injuries following a brawl.
Six men were taken to hospital with head injuries after a fight broke out in Hall Drive, Lakenheath, on Sunday.
One of the men, a 24-year-old, was left in a critical condition after he and his friends were set upon by a group of about 20 people.
You may also want to watch:
Bruce Rutterford, chairman of Lakenheath Parich Council, said the incident would be of great worry to residents.
“Lakenheath is a big village, but we are fortunate because incidents like this are alien to us and it is not something you would expect to happen,” he added.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 3 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 4 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 5 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 6 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 7 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 8 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
- 9 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 10 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
“But we do not want to see this sort of thing happening and it is very sad that someone has been badly injured as a result of the fight.”
Police were called to a house in Hall Drive just before 10pm on Sunday. Detective Inspector David Skevington, of Suffolk police, said: “This appears to be a particularly nasty attack that left all six victims with serious head injuries.
“At this stage it is not clear what has happened and we are therefore keen to hear from anyone who witnessed a large group of people in the area.”
It is believed the six men, thought to be from Poland, have been working in the grounds of Lakenheath Hall.
Last night the condition of the 24-year-old man, who has been transferred from West Suffolk Hospital, Bury St Edmunds to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge, was described as serious, but not life-threatening.
Four of the men were released from hospital yesterday, but the sixth victim was still being treated to a fracture to his face.
Anyone with information should contact Newmarket police on 01284 774100.