A flower bed to make you smile
- Credit: Jo Sweetman
A smile-shaped flower bed is brightening up the street scene in Bury St Edmunds.
David Irvine, coordinator of Bury in Bloom, said after the Abbey Gardens the planting bed that attracts nearly all the compliments is ‘The Smile’ on the junction of St Andrew's Street South and Parkway.
"Take a look and tell me if it doesn't make you smile, I might not believe you!," he said.
He added: "This glorious bed is even smile-shaped and organised and maintained by two of our sponsors CCG Gardeners and Woolpit Nurseries. It is a wonderful demonstration of year-round colour and how it can be achieved."
Bury in Bloom is now pulling its plans together for 2021 around the theme of rainwater harvesting with "lots of new and exciting environmental and community projects".
You may also want to watch:
"While we still have some details to sort out, one new (still secret) bigger project being pulled together with the support of Our Bury St Edmunds and West Suffolk Council will have a real ‘wow’ factor and we know you will just love it! Watch this space," said Mr Irvine.
Bury in Bloom is an award-winning horticultural group responsible for many floral displays in the town.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 7 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 8 Village pub given go-ahead to expand dining area
- 9 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 10 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results