Smith breaks his hip and spine
National LeagueMildenhall 49 King's Lynn 40KING's Lynn Barracudas racer Jamie Smith suffered multiple injuries during the club's defeat at Mildenhall.
Mildenhall 49 King's Lynn 40
KING's Lynn Barracudas racer Jamie Smith suffered multiple injuries during the club's defeat at Mildenhall.
Smith broke his hip and spine in a heat three smash at West Row. The in-form rider is currently in a Cambridge hospital undergoing further tests.
You may also want to watch:
Aussie teenager Darcy Ward moves into the number on race jacket for the Stars' Premier League clash against Sheffield at the Norfolk Arena.
The World U21 semi finalist's blistering early season form sees skipper Tomas Topinka switch to number five for the Tigers' visit.
- 1 Body found in the River Orwell
- 2 Police confirm body found in River Orwell was of a 17-year-old boy
- 3 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 4 Could any released Bristol City players reunite with Ashton at Ipswich?
- 5 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'eye' Sheffield Wednesday midfielder
- 7 What has changed in Woodbridge over lockdown?
- 8 Exit Interview: Nydam showed 'heart, desire and hunger' but was never able to take the next step
- 9 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 10 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
“Tomas now gets three rides paired with a reserve,” said team boss Rob Lyon. “That works out well for us because he is the master of team riding and will help them secure extra points whenever he can, it does now of course mean our two newest riders, Darcy and Linus (Eklof) will ride as a pair which should be exciting to watch.”
Lyon also confirmed Kozza Smith is still a doubt after sitting out the club's Premier League win against Redcar last night out. Smith damaged his hip in an Elite League televised meeting for Ipswich early last week. Darren Mallett is again on standby to deputise.