Smith breaks his hip and spine
National LeagueMildenhall 49 King's Lynn 40KING's Lynn Barracudas racer Jamie Smith suffered multiple injuries during the club's defeat at Mildenhall.
Mildenhall 49 King's Lynn 40
KING's Lynn Barracudas racer Jamie Smith suffered multiple injuries during the club's defeat at Mildenhall.
Smith broke his hip and spine in a heat three smash at West Row. The in-form rider is currently in a Cambridge hospital undergoing further tests.
Aussie teenager Darcy Ward moves into the number on race jacket for the Stars' Premier League clash against Sheffield at the Norfolk Arena.
The World U21 semi finalist's blistering early season form sees skipper Tomas Topinka switch to number five for the Tigers' visit.
- 1 Community sadness after death of man who was found in river
- 2 15 strikers that Ipswich Town could turn to for goals this summer
- 3 Fire crews tackle blaze for several hours at Suffolk farm
- 4 5 miles of congestion on A14 after crash involving car and two lorries
- 5 Boy, 14, arrested after serious sex attack in Suffolk town is released
- 6 Bent names Town stars among his best-ever team-mates
- 7 Some East of England Co-op stores unable to take cash
- 8 Plans for 20 homes in Suffolk village unanimously refused
- 9 Former Suffolk poultry farm site could be converted into homes
- 10 'New-look' Aldi store set to reopen in Sudbury, creating additional jobs
“Tomas now gets three rides paired with a reserve,” said team boss Rob Lyon. “That works out well for us because he is the master of team riding and will help them secure extra points whenever he can, it does now of course mean our two newest riders, Darcy and Linus (Eklof) will ride as a pair which should be exciting to watch.”
Lyon also confirmed Kozza Smith is still a doubt after sitting out the club's Premier League win against Redcar last night out. Smith damaged his hip in an Elite League televised meeting for Ipswich early last week. Darren Mallett is again on standby to deputise.