Snape Maltings open despite roadworks blocking entrance
- Credit: Archant
Snape Maltings is open for business – but roadworks will be blocking one of the entrances for the next week.
Between August 3-7, the bridge on the B1069, close to Snape Maltings, will be closed so Suffolk Highways can prepare the bridge for repairs to be carried out in the autumn.
These works will prevent drivers accessing the site from the southbound side on the A12, but a signed diversion will be in place for visitors to enter via the northbound carriageway.
The site can still be accessed by pedestrians and cyclists travelling in either direction.
Snape Maltings and other businesses will be open as usual during the roadworks.
You may also want to watch:
To prepare the bridge for repairs, Suffolk Highways need to survey the arch so bespoke liners can be made to fit the bridge, making it stronger.
The liners will be installed in the later repairs in the autumn.
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 6 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 7 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 8 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 9 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 10 Long queues at Primark from 7am in Ipswich as lockdown eases