Big freeze to bring snow and plunging temperatures
- Credit: Archant
Snow and sleet could hit Suffolk and north Essex tomorrow as temperatures plunge, according to weather experts.
Experts at the Norwich-based Weatherquest say scattered wintry showers – bringing a mix of rain, hail, sleet and snow – will arrive in East Anglia tomorrow.
The first signs of sleet are expected to arrive tomorrow morning as temperatures plummet to below freezing.
Icy conditions are expected on the roads, and it’s also possible that wet snow will fall, according to forecasters.
However, today looks to be a different story – and conditions are likely to stay fairly mild, with a mostly cloudy start to the day.
You may also want to watch:
Light rain is also expected to fall today, before sunnier spells arrive.
Brighter spells will then recede as a band of rain moves in from the west, bringing heavier showers for the middle to later part of the afternoon.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 3 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 5 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 6 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 8 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 9 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence
- 10 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
The rain will eventually clear, giving us a solid spate of dry weather for the evening.
It will remain pretty breezy throughout the day with temperatures sitting at 9-10C.
Rain will come back to the region after midnight and into tomorrow with the first signs of sleet as temperatures drop below freezing.
Temperatures are expected to stay around 9-10C.
• Stay with us for snow updates as and when they arrive.