Soham/Newmarket: Shed flies towards driver on his way to work
- Credit: Mr Pananikolau
QUICK thinking engineer Vassilis Papanikolaou had a lucky escape when he spotted this uprooted shed flying towards him on a Cambridgeshire road today.
“I was driving out of Soham towards Newmarket - going to work- when this large shed/mini barn, got blown off by the winds right onto my path,” he said.
“I had to do an emergency break to avoid hitting it.”
Mr Pananikolau, who was first on scene along the Fordham Road, stopped to call the police and then took these dramatic photos with his mobile phone.
“It all happened right before my eyes,” he said. “A flashing lights unit arrived shortly after and closed the road.”
Among Mr Pananikolau’s hobbies is astronomy but in this instance using a simple camera on a mobile phone brought him right down to earth!
- 1 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 2 Man caught massaging woman's leg by husband viewing home CCTV
- 3 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents
- 4 Suffolk beauty spots ranked among best in UK
- 5 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 6 Automatics out-of-reach and making the play-offs a real battle? The size of the task now facing Ipswich
- 7 'You can't kid supporters... we have to give them a lift' - Cook previews Crewe clash
- 8 Willow Tree Farm Shop & Cafe: 'A lovely blend of upmarket and informal'
- 9 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 10 Action taken to target second home owners exploiting tax loophole