Southwold beach huts are most 'Instagrammable' in UK
- Credit: Graeme Taplin/iWitness
Southwold's famous beach huts are the most 'Instagrammable' in the UK, according to a new survey.
A study carried out for retailer Matalan found there are an estimated 22,568 photos of the colourful huts on the social media platform - ahead of second-placed Whitstable in Kent, with approximately 20,644 posts.
The Southwold huts were also by far the most expensive of the top five in the survey, with £150,000 quoted as the eye-watering price to buy one.
Wells-next-the-Sea in Norfolk came third with 12,726 posts, with the price to buy one of these being quoted as £55,000.
Essex resorts featured in the list were Mersea Island, which came fifth with 7,144 beach hut posts, Walton on the Naze, seventh with 3,392 posts, and Frinton, 11th in the table with 1,168 images.
You may also want to watch:
The popularity of beach huts has soared this year, with one recent survey suggesting demand for beach huts have surged by 260% in six months, as more Brits plan staycations rather than travelling abroad due to Covid-19.
And a beach hut in Felixstowe recently hit the headlines when it sold for the resort's record price of £65,000 within hours.
Follow this link to see the full survey of Instagrammable beach huts.
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 5 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 8 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 9 Forward Sears completes Colchester return
- 10 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores