Car seized in Double Ds crackdown
- Credit: Adam Howlett
Antisocial driving in around Ipswich town centre was targeted in an operation by Special Constables last night.
The volunteer police officers gathered in Portman Road ahead of the high-profile, proactive operation.
The targeted the notorious ‘Double Ds’ circuit - the one-way system around Commercial Road, Russell Road and Quadling Street, which for years have attracted boyracers who speed in excess of the 30mph limit.
Last night’s proactive operation resulted in a car being seized, and the Specials warned other drivers of the consequences of driving in an antisocial manner around the circuit.
An eye witness described seeing lots of officers in the area of the Portman Road car parks.
You may also want to watch:
This story will be updated as we have more information.
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 5 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search
- 6 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 7 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 8 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
- 9 Number of schools with extra Covid precautions rises to 12
- 10 Haul of 20,000 suspected counterfeit DVDs seized in raid at Suffolk home