Spoiler alert – another contestant leaves Great British Bake Off as tension builds in quarter final
- Credit: C4
The Great British Bake Off contestants grappled with “forgotten” British bakes in tonight’s quarter-final.
Fans of the show’s youngest baker, Liam Charles, were left shocked when he crashed out of the show tonight.
Leaving on a high note, 19-year-old Liam said he cannot wait to take his new-found friends to Nando’s.
A favourite with viewers, his laid-back quips and impressive flavouring skills failed to overcome a string of disappointing bakes served up for judges Paul Holywood and Prue Leith this week.
His Rum Nicky technical challenge was raw, and his well-received pizza-inspired signature bake did little to sway the judge’s decision after he was unable to serve the spun sugar on his Savoy cake showstopper before it dissolved.
You may also want to watch:
Looking back over his time on the show, he said: “Being the youngest baker in the tent had a massive part to play.
“It meant I got lots of mothering and fathering from the bakers, with some really good advice on baking and how to cope in the tent.
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 3 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 4 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 5 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 7 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 8 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 9 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw
- 10 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
“Even though it’s a mixed age range, as bakers we all bonded together really well and still socialise.
“We are now planning a night out at Nando’s, as some of the bakers have never been.”
Stacey Hart rocketed to star baker – receiving the Holywood Handshake – days after her Italian week performance.