Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
A police cordon remains in place in Ipswich's St Matthew's Street after a man was assaulted and taken to hospital with a head injury in a late night attack.
Officers were called just after midnight on Monday, April 19 to reports a man had been assaulted at the Alexander House building, in St Matthew's Street.
When they arrived at the scene, they found a man had sustained a head injury during an altercation.
He was taken to hospital for treatment, where his injury is being assessed.
A spokesman for the police said: “This is being treated as an isolated incident, with no wider threat to the community."
Eyewitnesses have reported seeing large amounts of blood on the pavement, as police stood by the cordon during the morning rush hour.
Anyone with information is asked to contact South CID on 101, quoting reference number 19442/21.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 5 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 6 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 9 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 10 Murder accused storms out of witness box after admitting stabbing his ex