Police tape off area near pub after reports of stabbing
- Credit: Archant
There is a heavy police presence on the Moreton Hall estate in Bury St Edmunds this morning after reports of a stabbing.
Witnesses reported seeing multiple police cars near The Moreton Hall pub shortly after midnight.
Peter Thompson, a local councillor who lives nearby, said he was in bed when he heard a helicopter hovering overhead before landing on nearby Heldhaw Field.
It left the scene more than an hour later, he said.
Police are yet to provide details of the incident but several police cars are at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A large area surrounding the pub has been cordoned off by detectives and there are officers guarding the scene.
One woman, who lives nearby but did not want to give her name, said: "It's horrifying. It's one thing after another. It's so sad."
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 5 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
Stay with us for updates on this developing story as we receive more information from the emergency services.